Get your Victorian Recreational fishing licence

Skip the complexities of traditional application methods. With Fishing Licences VIC, obtaining your licence becomes a breeze. We streamline the process, ensuring accuracy and prompt delivery straight to your email.

Apply now


Fishing Licences VIC is an independent service, assisting individuals in the process of obtaining fishing licences for Victoria. Please be informed that we are not affiliated, endorsed, or in partnership with the Victorian Fisheries Authority.

For more information please refer to our Terms and conditions.

Who is required to have a VIC  fishing licence?

A Recreational Fishing Licence (RFL) covers all forms of recreational fishing in all of Victoria's marine, estuarine and inland waters. Unless you are exempt, an RFL is required when:

  • Taking, or attempting to take from public waters, any species of fish by any method, including line fishing, bait or shellfish collection, yabby fishing, prawning and spearfishing and/or
  • Using or possessing recreational fishing equipment in, on or next to Victorian waters.

Unless you are exempt, it is your responsibility to hold a current RFL when fishing in Victoria - penalties apply for fishing without a licence. Your RFL may not be loaned or transferred to another person.


How our service works


Apply online

We gather the necessary details from you to facilitate the fishing licence application process.


Submission on your behalf

Our team reviews the provided data to ensure it's complete and accurate, meeting the criteria for a successful application.


Fishing licence provision

We then submit an application on your behalf. Upon submission, we then furnish you with a receipt of your purchase.

Who is exempt from requiring a Victorian RFL?

You will not require a licence to fish if you are:

  • Under 18 years of age
  • 70 years of age or over
  • Hold a Victorian Seniors Card or interstate equivalent;
  • Hold a Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Card;
  • Hold a Victorian Veterans Card;
  • Hold a Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card coded (TPI)
  • Hold a Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card coded either (DSP), (DSP Blind), (AGE), (AGE Blind) or (CAR)
  • Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander

Ordinary HealthCare Card, PPS (Parenting Payment Single) and JobSeeker payment cards, Seniors Business Discount Cards issued by the Victorian government and DVA White and Orange Cards are not exempt from purchasing a Fishing Licence.


“We recognise the intricacies and challenges of the traditional fishing licence application process. Our mission is to simplify this journey, providing a streamlined path for enthusiasts.”